Friday, February 12, 2010

Sections Latest NewsScotland- North East- Edinburgh, East and Fife- Glasgow and West- Tayside and Central - Inverness and Highlands- South UKIntern


Published Date: 12 February 2010
A THUG punched and head- butted a disabled man on a busy city bus after the victim shouted back when he taunted him.
Ex-convict Ian Brown left father-of-one Steven Davidson battered and bloodied after chasing after the bus on which he was travelling to attack him.

Mr Davidson's partner Susan Wright said today that Brown – who was previously jailed for assault and robbery – had picked on him for years after singling him out "because of his learning difficulties". The couple called for him to be jailed.

Mr Davidson, 42, was heading to a training session with his special needs football team when he was attacked on the number 26 bus on Portobello High Street.

He said: "I was on the bus and Ian Brown was coming out of a shop with a paper. He started shouting at me and calling me names. I shouted back, "I'm not, you are".

"Then he got into his car and drove after the bus to the next stop. He came up to me and said, "What did you say?", then he head-butted me in the face. My nose was bleeding then he started punching me too. I knew I couldn't do anything so I waited for him to stop."

No comments:

Post a Comment