Friday, July 31, 2009

Deputies: Robber Beats Disabled Man

http://www.news4jax.com/news/20240569/detail.html

POSTED: Friday, July 31, 2009
UPDATED: 10:30 pm EDT July 31, 2009

Clay County Sheriff's Office booking photo of Mark Orbe
CLAY COUNTY, Fla. -- Hours after a man in a wheelchair was beaten during the robbery of his Middleburg home, deputies arrested a Green Cove Springs man and charged him with home invasion.

Clay County deputies said Mark Orbe, 38, of Green Cove Springs, burst into a home on Green Meadows Drive about 6 p.m. Thursday, dumped Danny Becony out of his wheelchair, punched him in the face with his fist and kicked him.

According to the arrest report, Orbe demanded Becony's pills and left with prescription bottles, credit cards, cash, a checkbook and a $1,000 money order.
"He was probably scoping my house out for a little while," Becony said. "Next thing I know, somebody's grabbing me around the neck and pulling me out of my wheelchair, put me on the floor and started beating me and kicking me."

After the attacker left in a red Camaro, Becony crawled to the phone and called 911. He was transported to Orange Park Medical Center for treatment.
"He kept on saying, I'm going to kill you, I'm going to kill you," Becony said.

No comments:

Post a Comment